LAST UPDATED: 10/13/2019
Website Address: https://inthemirrorofgod.com
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND RECEIVED
Certain information is always collected when visiting the website. This includes: your operating system type, browser type, language preference, type of computer, referring website, pages you viewed, links clicked, and dates/times you accessed the site. This data is collected to understand how visitors interact with and use this website. ITM may publish parts of this information to report on trends in the usage of this website.
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website:
Certain visitors to this website choose to interact in ways that require ITM to gather personal data. The amount and type of information gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. ITM may collect certain personal information such as your name or email address. Typically this is when you leave a comment, subscribe to receive blog notifications, or submit a contact form.
In each case, ITM collects only the information that is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction. ITM does not disclose personal data other than described below. Furthermore, visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities on this website.
HOW COLLECTED DATA IS USED
ITM uses this data in order to effectively further its operating services. More specifically:
- Your personal, demographic and profile data is used to enhance your experience on the site and to enable the site to present content you might be interested in
- Contact information is used to communicate with you in regards to requests, comments, questions, or any services you have purchased.
- Your email address will be used to send marketing and promotional emails when permission is granted
- Personal, demographic and profile data may be used to improve the site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation
- To investigate or prevent security issues and abuse of services
ITM takes security of your data very seriously. All reasonable action is taken to protect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes:
- Employing secure protocol (SSL) across the entire site so that all interactions with the website are secure
- Restricting access to personal information to ITM administrators who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations
- Not storing sensitive data (such as credit card information) on our servers, but instead relying on trusted third parties to secure this data
- Doing due diligence with third party providers (see Disclosure to Third Parties below) to ensure they have a secure environment
Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, ITM cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
ITM will retain user data as spelled out here unless otherwise requested by the customer. When you place an order through the site, your order information will be maintained for ITM records unless and until you ask for the information to be deleted.
- Aggregate data not personally identifiable is retained in logs.
- Email subscriber information is retained even after you choose to unsubscribe. Unsubscribed emails are deleted in batches roughly every 60-90 days.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
This section describes how information is disclosed to third parties.
- ITM never rents or sells customer information or email subscriber information to any third parties.
- Additionally, ITM may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. Additional information on the service providers used is found below.
- If required by applicable law, regulation or legal process, ITM may disclose information.
- If necessary to enforce security, enforce an agreement, prevent fraud or theft, ITM may disclose information to third parties.
- Your information may be shared with third parties when you explicitly authorize ITM to do so.
- Site Ground – web hosting service
- Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and user actions.
Currently, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. However, this list may be amended at the sole discretion of ITM at any time.
ITM makes use of browser cookies to perform certain functions. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. Cookies allows ITM to recognize you as a user when you return to our website using the same computer and web browser.
ITM will set its own cookies for the purposes of security and analytics. These cookies identify which areas of the site you have visited, to make pages readily accessible in the future. Most browser software can be set to reject cookies. Please note that certain functionality on the website may not work correctly or at all, if you reject the site’s cookies.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic area, have certain legal rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access, update or delete this information.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from ITM by not submitting your information, or by removing your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used to send promotional correspondence to you. You can opt-out from marketing lists by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send you, or by sending your request, in writing, via email to: email@example.com. Should you choose to opt out, your data is not automatically deleted and is retained for a period, according to our data retention policies.
ITM strives to keep all personal information complete, up-to-date and accurate. You or a person authorized on your behalf has the right to request changes or corrections to inaccurate or incomplete information. You may request to access, amend, update, or erase your personal information by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
ITM does not knowingly collect children’s personal information. Users under the age of 16 must ask a parent or guardian for permission to use this Website, request information from ITM, or purchase any resources on this Website. If you learn that anyone has unlawfully provided personal data, please contact ITM immediately at email@example.com and the necessary steps will be taken to promptly remove such information from site records.