I'm learning to do more of the things that bring me joy!
Not things that others enjoy, or think I should enjoy, do or try. But the things that genuinely bring joy to my life.
It’s funny how people call you names or stereotype you if you don’t participate in certain things. And then there’s the other extreme, where other Christians try to restrict you from enjoying certain things. And often, its restrictions not even mentioned in the Bible lol.
As Christians, we have so much to be thankful for. We can appreciate life in ways that non-believers can’t. We can truly live and enjoy life with God, as we include and embrace Him in all we do. We can even endure trials, tribulations and difficult times with a sense of peace, hope and encouragement that ONLY comes from having a relationship with God.
Even if we don’t necessarily have the means to do everything we want or desire to do at this present time, we can still appreciate and embrace life’s simple pleasures that bring us joy everyday.
That being said, I was prompted to make a list of the things in life that I enjoy. And also to make it a point to start doing them more.
- a bubble bath
- red wine just before bed
- trying a new restaurant and picking something on the menu that I’ve never had before
- roller coasters
- binge watching my favorite Netflix shows on a Saturday night
- playing Mortal Kombat on the Xbox with my son and beating him every time!
- Sunday afternoon naps after church
- intense workouts because they help me relieve stress
- a full body massage
- taking my 15 minute meditation walks
- relaxing and listening to music
- Italian food – pasta will forever be my weakness!
- writing in my journal
- playing cards and board games
- playing pool
- going to the theater to see a good action movie
- trying to cook new recipes
- traveling to places I’ve never been
- gospel concerts
- Starbucks – Caramel Macchiato’s all the way – hot or iced!
Thank you God for these enjoyable pleasures!
I encourage you to make a list as well. And then if you haven’t done the things on your list in a while – go out and do them!
Whether it’s prayer time during those first few quiet moments of your day when you first wake up, your favorite latte, or listening to your song of the week on the radio, giving your child a huge hug, texting a romantic message to your significant other, watching the sunset, visiting friends, or painting – find and enjoy those moments of peace and happiness throughout your day!
Life is too short and the world is too full of chaos for us to overlook, miss out on and not enjoy the precious moments that God gives us each day!
Go enjoy the life God has blessed you with!